Growth, Change, Blockchain, Startups
Content-heavy this week to help carry you into next week’s feasting (if you’re American!)
We had the honour of having Schenker Board Member, Tom Schmitt keynote our European 3PL Summit. We’ve actually got a recording of his whole presentation here where he discusses necessary leadership qualities, the importance of people within your organization and the keys to collaboration.
Also, this week we launch the 2nd annual Dynamic Distribution Disruption Retail Summit today! Be sure to check-out the D3 brochure here. Speakers include: VP Global Customer Fulfilment, Amazon, CTO, Kohl’s, VP Supply Chain, Home Depot, CSCO, La-Z-Boy and many more!
Blockchain and start-ups are all over the headlines these days. Here are two articles (written by yours truly) that deal with each (not at the same time): Start-ups – why niche is better than broad and Blockchain and its impact on supply chain.
Finally, as industries and markets settle into last week’s decision, John Wagner Jr, Chief Customer Officer, Wagner Logistics weighs into the possible impact on logistics.
Head of Research and Content
New This Week:
- Achieve Profitable Growth: Schenker Presentation
- Change– the impact of the election on logistics
- 4 ways blockchain will change supply chain forever and 4 things preventing it from doing-so
- What’s Big Data in Supply Chain & Logistics? Why Should I Be Looking at This Trend?
- Niche > Broad: Get specific with your startups!
- UPS and Sealed Air Partner to Provide Powerful E-Commerce Packing and Shipping Solutions
10 Things eft’s been reading this week
Upcoming Industry Events:
- 3rd Annual Asia-Pacific 3PL Summit & Chief Supply Chain Officer Forum-APAC- 6-7th December, 2016, Singapore
- 9th Annual US Hi-tech Supply Chain Summit, US- 6-7th December, 2016, San Jose, California
- 18th Annual Logistics CIO Forum,EU- 16-17th March, 2017, Amsterdam, NL
- 15th Annual North American 3PL Summit & CSCO Forum- US- 14-16th June, 2017, Chicago, Illinois
- D3 - Dynamic Distribution Disruption Retail- May 15-16 – New York, New York